Prayer Guide for National Day of Prayer
Update: This National Day of Prayer Prayer Guide was written in the early days of the pandemic. Today a war rages in Ukraine, millions of refugees have fled for their lives and more leave their nation daily, and the threat of nuclear war looms greater than ever before. Although our circumstances are different than two years ago, this guide for prayer is no less pertinent today.
This National Day of Prayer Prayer guide was first used for the 2020 National Day of Prayer but the prayer needs haven’t changed. It’s as useful in 2022 as it was two years ago.
For the first time in the history of the National Day of Prayer, our nationwide “gatherings” were done virtually rather than on courthouse lawns. This National Day of Prayer prayer guide can help you pray for our world, our nation, our states and cities, as well as for ourselves and our families.
Prayer for Our World:
The SARS CoV-2 pandemic affected everyone in some way, whether by government regulations for quarantine or by actual infection. Because of ongoing variants, it still affects people around the world. Use this National Day of Prayer prayer guide to help you pray for…
- Protection from the disease and from the effects of prolonged trauma due to the high loss of life for front-line health workers.
- Patience, peace, and provision for the people who shelter in countries where the restrictions are much more strict than in the US.
- A spirit of repentance to fall and for the gospel to spread like wildfire throughout this world.
- Many souls to be saved. (Matthew 29:19-20, Acts 1:8)
Prayers for the US:
Join in using this National Day of Prayer prayer guide to pray for…
- Divine wisdom in each decision for government and healthcare leaders.
- Leaders (and all of us) to value the lives of those potentially affected, balance the preciousness of life with the importance of economic stability in creative ways to achieve the greatest benefit and save the most lives.
- Wisdom and discernment to recognize and ignore foolish speculations and divisive rhetoric seen on social media.
- Unity in our nation and the willingness to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- For the church to continue to serve outside the walls of their buildings.
- Sweeping revival in the church and in our nation. (Matthew 22:35-40, James 1:5)
National Day of Prayer Prayer Guide: Prayer for State and Local Needs
- The wisdom of God for state and local leaders as they make decisions about quarantine and when to ease restrictions.
- Our fellow citizens to respond with godly decisions about personal protection.
- Pray for an end to the spirit of condemnation and judgment.
- Pray for fruit of the spirit to be evident in every believer.
- Churches to work together to be the body of Christ in ways the community can recognize and for unity among all believers at unprecedented levels and in unprecedented ways.
- Pray the love of the body of Christ will draw many people to Jesus. (James 1:5, John 17:17-23)
Prayer Guide for National Day of Prayer – Prayers for Yourself:
- The fruit of the Spirit, the Spiritual Armor, and a humble surrendered, servant’s heart.
- Freedom from prejudice of any kind and for sacrificial love to cause people to care for those who are in great need as well as for those who are lost.
- Pray for a deeper relationship with our Lord as a result of our quarantine and lasting change with greater emphasis on seeking Him first, loving our family with our presence, and loving our neighbor as ourselves. (Galatians 5:22-23, Ephesians 6:10-18, John 13;34-35, John 15:12-13)
Thank you for taking the time to pray through this National Day of Prayer Prayer Guide with us as you pray for our nation and our world. May God bless your prayers with fruit beyond your borders and answer them in ways exceeding abundantly above all you hoped or imagined He’d do. God bless you, friends.
“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2:14
Want to read more articles like the National Day of Prayer prayer guide or articles about prayer? Need more prayer guides?
See the links below and be sure to visit our Prayer Resources section.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your time with us today. If you enjoyed this content, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, sign up for the twice-monthly mailing list (below) to receive exclusive free stories, or click here to get a 5-day free Bible study and the twice-monthly newsletter.
Before you leave, would you mind taking a moment to pin to Pinterest and share on social media? It helps extend our digital reach in ways we can’t do ourselves. Thanks again! See you soon.
Here are links to a few other posts you might enjoy:
Here’s an in-depth, life-changing digital Bible study to help you grow in your Christian faith:
(This is an Amazon affiliate link, which means we might make a few cents from your purchase but it will not change the price you pay)
You’ve helped u reach around the world through your likes, shares, and pins. Thank you! Please keep up the great work. It makes a huge difference. Here’s a pinnable image for Pinterest. Thanks for pinning and sharing.